Freitag, 13. September 2013

Back?? not quite sure about that...

sooo, hello folks ^.^ Some of you know that I've been travelling in Asia for all of August and I arrived back home a week ago... I don't feel like I'm settled though... there are a few people to meet and a few things to do (like changing my working computer) and there is no routine whatsoever in sight for now... I've certainly had the time of my life, but there is only that much company and entertainment that a person can take and I just feel like I need a rest... it's weird considering that I'm actually back from a holiday... I feel like I'm floating in the air and what I need right now is to feel some solid ground under my feet. What to do? I guess I'm just going to enjoy my weekend with more friends at a non-routine place and then try to build up something like a schedule...


Plans ~
*mastering some stuff about powerpoint... yeah, I know how to make a presentation... now I want to learn how to make a GOOD presentation... this term my class has to be stellar! (I might have somewhat of a competitor)
*learning Japanese (for fuck's sake, I really need to get serious about that!!)
*reading loads of books on language change and Indoeuropean languages (well, I might manage three or four ^.^)
*updating my diary (one week is still missing)
*slowly getting back to creating stuff ~ drawing, papercuts (bought three books on that in Japan ^0^), calligraphy ~ opening that book on watercolours
*showing a little bit about my travels on this blog

Maura is on holidays too and I'm totally dying... am using old stuff to keep my Mauraddiction under control... she should start shooting that pilot for an ABC show pretty soon, as far as I understand... I'm crossing my fingers for the show, she totally deserves an Emmy a role to show all her skills!! screw the Emmy, who the fuck needs an Emmy?!?



How's my mail doing? Not so good... I'm getting there though... I've accumulated quite a few missives in the crazy last months of the term and well, then I was away... I am writing, but I have a lot to tell mostly and I refuse to send random mail to people who are waiting for letters... you know what I mean, I guess...

Here is what I came home to... it was awesome ^.^ some mail was totally unexpected, but lovely ^^



And even while I was away I've experienced some interpals batshit-craziness!! Here's the story: Just before I went, a girl contacted me and asked what I considered really long letters... we exchanged a few messages on that and other topics and she was so eager to write to me... I said, well, I'm going away, but she insisted on sending the first letter right away and I said, if I get it before I go, I might send something from my holidays place... well, I got nothing before my flight and thought ~ typical for the mail service... then forgot all about everything until I reached the place where I did have some time for myself... Then I noticed that she already deleted me from friends... not a really big deal so far... Then I got home ~ and there was no letter from her... which was weird, because she has stalked my profile as if she expected a reply letter beamed over to Japan (she's from Japan... poor Japan!) the minute she sends hers... So I took a look at her profile and well, noticed that it says how she doesn't snail mail anymore (uhuh, did she actually send letters at all?) and people should just leave her alone, especially Europeans with their decadent culture (loved that ^0^) and fake Japan-fans with their bad google-translated Japanese... What can I say, at last, somebody is blocking Europe instead of Africa! ^0^ My point is, I'm really pretty weary of all that insanity all over... It makes me feel numb, because you always have to deal with all kinds of crap when you actually just want to write letters and send mail... so numb that I can't even feel as thrilled about potential great friends as I used to, I totally take a step back and think something like ~ oh, it might turn out alright... Does it happen to you that you try not to expect anything to avoid feeling disappointed when it doesn't work out? 

Anyway, I'll have to send a few postcards and notes to some awesome people I met during my travels... this time I'm only returning the kindness and not expecting anything, because I already got more than I probably deserved ^.^ And I feel thrilled enough about the awesome friends I already got... don't forget that you are loved!!


Oh and Heidelberg totally has its own panorama stamps and maximum cards @.@ I also like the new sky stamps, looking forward to sending stuff ^0^

And here's some stuff I sent sometime... ages ago... as it seems...

 I googled something about 'Algerian' and this is what I got ~ Algerian hedgehog! Thank you, Earth, for this wonderful creature ^0^ 

 Combination ATC ~ rabbit and moon ^.^ 

 yep, we have some stamps with Korean themes now too... 

 birds can be cute too ^0^ 

 this one is actually still sitting on my desk... let's see who'll get it...


 Haiku swap ^.^ 


I totally forgot what swap that was for, but yeah, that's a Beijing Opera actor... a little bit of Leslie Cheung atmosphere ^.^ sigh...

EDIT: I deleted my bloglovin account because I can still see everyone's updates right here on my own page... so yeah, screw that...

EDIT II: I just can't go without a Maura pic T.T deal with it...


3 Kommentare:

  1. Hi again!
    Oh... and welcome back :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hello friend, welcome back! Thank you for introducing your blog to me, and for kindly leaving messages on mine (^^) I am so sorry to hear about your "crazy" InterPals experience (O_o) but hope you know, you have real friends who appreciate you. Anyway, I will reply to your message now.

    AntwortenLöschen