Sonntag, 6. April 2014

Sticking my head out again...

Wow, quite a few blog comebacks these days ^0^ Must be the spring season! Congratulations to everyone who wants to share their awesomness ^^ Congratulations also to those who feel energetic and alive again, who feel like their life is a bit less of a mess, who feel inspired by the new green leaves and blossoms outside, by wonderful life itself...

Only lately did I realize that I'd backed out of a lot of things. I didn't feel like my usual self ever since we came back from our Asian holidays... I've spent the past few months poking around in my inner world, trying to find out what exactly was wrong. I thought I wasn't satisfied with my life in Germany, now that I've seen my beloved Taiwan again... but nope, it turned out that my life is super awesome and that there was only one thing that made me lose my balance and we've got rid of it a few days ago and embraced a new chance for a happy little life ^.^

My usual self seems to be coming back... My usual impulsive, easily elated, curious, life-entoxicated, enamaured self... Little things are so delightful again ^.^ And recently I felt the urge to sit down and to draw like mad again... I'm even looking forward to the new term, even if I didn't do anything that I wanted to do during the holidays (like preparing the classes +.+)...But I miss Maura who has been hiding just like I did... so I started to see someone else... 'see' as in 'look at' ^^  my new little crush has such a wonderfully expressive face that makes me want to draw her all the time... maybe I will...

Do you know who she is? ^^ Her name starts with M, like all the other awesome names...

So far I only did this one drawing... I need to talk about it in detail, so I'll do it here, because not everyone would want to read that in a letter or in an extra message about a drawing ^0^  And no matter who she is and whether she likes it or not (though I must say, I haven't seen any fan drawings yet that were significantly better), I was so fucking proud of myself *.* Folks that are really good with portraits would maybe laugh at my efforts, but gosh, you have to start somewhere!
I've been drawing people for these past two years... My greatest achievement so far was being able to make them look like people. But damn, it would be kinda nice if they looked like the people they actually are for a change... For people like me, the Germans say that they go through the wall with their head. Imagine a sheep with its horns, running through no matter what... Yep, exactly that. This is me. Not only do I break down walls on my way to the finish line, but I also try to be the first and to get there as quickly as possible... Of course, at times the result isn't exactly what I expected, but yeah, so what... But sometimes, I do want things to work out in a certain way... and then I am surprised that all my passion and enthusiasm doesn't suffice in itself ^.^ I'm usually the kind of person who likes to skip the little annoying details like measuring, but most often than not, I have to accept that they're actually necessary tools. Guess what, this time I measured! I chose the pencils carefully, I made the effort to find my artist rubber (the kneadable one, whatever its name is) and I took the time to actually finish it. All of it... even that hair that I adore but that was pretty awful to draw... So, it was like a freaking epiphany for me to learn that I can do it, if I can tame my temper and take little steps instead of sprinting ahead like my ass is on fire. So, thank you, M ~ for captivating my restless mind long enough to make me learn that it takes time and effort to create beauty... And I think as a picture it turned out... quite... moving... Has it ever happened to you that somebody's beauty leaves you breathless? I'm incredibly grateful for moments like these... (I'm talking about the original now ^.^)

Maura, brace yourself, you might be next... ... ... Though I will die if I screw her up +.+


And here is some stuff that I did in these past months...

 a birthday card

 a Girls swap ^.^ I started to use markers, they're so awesome ^0^ but I still need a lot of practice...

 postcard ^.^

 the last four were for a Big eyed creepy but cute swap ^^ 

 I love this one most ^0^ could hardly part with it... 

 this one is really kinda creepy...

 and watercolour pencils again, my first love ^^

What else? I'm meeting a pal tomorrow for the second time ^0^ She'll stay the whole week, but not at my place since she's bringing a bunch of other people... and then all the birthdays are coming up, wow... Will be a busy week! I'm wishing everyone who reads this a great week too! I'll sign off with a song that I've been singing for these past few days (not that well of course ^0^) and it always almost makes me cry... who knows why... but it's beautiful...

Tu me rejoindras
Ne me sauve pas
Coule avec moi
Ne me retiens pas...






1 Kommentar:

  1. Hello dear friend! If I may say so, I can relate to your feelings/experiences in many ways. Your drawings are wonderful, they get more and more awesome each time ^^ And, your birthday is coming up soon!

    AntwortenLöschen