But first, completely unrelated but makes me feel good ~ an ancient Bangles video ^0^ They will always be my favourite girl band ever!! (They became popular straight away after they stopped shaking their heads like mad ^.^)
and now ~ on to the dragon ~ wheeeeee ^0^ in fact, this year has been rather sucky for many of us... me, I can't really complain, but it was definitely exhausting... It was quite a challenge to find my balance again, but I believe I did it and I expect the next year to be a lot calmer ^.^ I'm looking forward to being more active and creative in the new year... even if I don't make resolutions, I believe there are quite a few challenges ahead ^.^
My music of the year ~
Now that we started with that, I can continue right away ^.^ This year's big discoveries for me were
Ibrahim Maalouf... I believe no words are necessary here...
And now the funnest band in the world ~ Caravan of Thieves ^0^ I guess I'll pay them a visit on my Maura-stalking journey ^.^
I completely gave up on Russian music for a while, because the pop stuff usually JUST sucks and Russian rock is so depressing, but these days folk rock seems to be popular ~ and this is exactly what I need... Melnitsa mix Celtic with Slavic stuff, they've been around for a while and I just love it when experience meets creativity! I chose this weird video because I must admit, I'm not fond of Helavisa's live performances (yeah, go ahead and tar and feather me), but this version is just majestiQUE!
And I'm still listening to Gaiaaaaaa nonstop... Sandy, I'm so going to spoil your songs during the next karaoke outing!!
My activity of the year ~ drawing
Since I started to swap ATCs on swapbot, I got back into drawing and suddenly I felt the need to actually learn it. I've bought quite a lot of books and supplies lately and I've probably never drawn that much in my whole life as this year. It's fun, especially looking at things with those 'I'm going to draw you'-eyes. I've been catching myself staring at objects or at my own hands or at someone's face lately, considering the shadows, shapes and colours... It's so fascinating and I hope I can do more next year ^^ The stuff below is just to illustrate what I'm talking about... I know a lot of people around here are really good and I feel quite inspired ^.^ Swapbot is a crazy place but I've met some amazing artists over there too who encouraged me and sent some raaaaaad stuff in the mail ^0^
little fennek fox... they're soooo cute! I've made a tryptich but this was the best card...
tiger baby card I made for someone
brain theme...
sushi reversed ^0^
kawaii card ~ since I'm so tired of Hello Kitty, I decided to make a Thai version 'Hello Maew' ^0^ but I forgot what it says on top... maybe just hello or something ^.^
I just can't resist those little animals...
the drawing is mehh, but I thought the idea was interesting ^.^ of course, there is a special memory about my glasses, because I've got them to see Maura ^0^
uhm... whatever... ^.^
I guess the theme was unconventional beauty or something... I'm so fascinated with those women...
another tryptich swap... got no heart for this one... sniff... ok, it maybe took me 15 minutes to do those cards, but is this what matters?
another cat ~ probably my favourite movie cat ever ^0^
Ninja Bart ^0^ it says 'eat my shyuuriken' ^0^ (the ninja thing he throws)
muffin ^.^ yumm...
that was a challenge where you had to make a collage first ^^ it was fun...
Ghibli summer swap ^0^
I guess, I'm going to make another post, otherwise everyone will fall asleep while scrolling down...















Those drawings a great, I often feel an urge to do it myself but I really resent the fact that I have to look at things to draw them and can not just draw straight from my head. I'm awful with people so wouldn't even want to do that.
AntwortenLöschenI've seen a few 365 days of drawing and other such projects and its tempting to do something like it myself.
aw, sweetheart, but I do need to look at things too! I mostly look at photos or screencaps or other pictures, but even if you do a portrait, you have your reference right in front of you... I can draw a few things from my head, but very simple things... I believe the ability to actually imagine things grows after you've seen loads of them... I've seen reference books for artists, so I think it's quite normal to use that... You should try drawing too, you're good with lettering and arranging things, you certainly have an eye for that ^^
LöschenI've seen that challenge too but I'm so bad with such challenges, I always get distracted and give up =.= and then I feel bad because I gave up, so I prefer to do as many as I can and then be happy about those ^.^