Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012

Dragon dwindles to snake

Year review part ZWEI

My books of the year ~

well, I've redicovered Amy Tan who is a really good storyteller and who reminded me of my passion and all the craze at the beginning of my studies ^.^

I've finished two parts of Lord of the Rings and I'm going to finish the third part soon ^.^


and the novel that moved me the most was 'The unlikely pilgrimage of Harold Fry' by Rachel Joyce... It's a good read as well, but it makes you think about what you've done in your life in a very special way... I'm going to re-read it a thousand times...

My Maura of the year ~

well, the month of October was very Maura-abundant because she did a ton of interviews for breast cancer awareness, the rest of the year was pretty meagre... (after uploading all the stuff, I realized that it actually wasn't... the problem is that I'm insatiable... ) But my Mauralove is still dragon-size anyway, no worries about that ^0^  

Maurajoys of the year ~ 

Newsradio ~ I must admit, I just bought it a few months ago and  I'm going to make another post about it, because it's the best show I've ever seen!!

Maura's using red nail polish for once! 

Maura's handwriting... uhm... I'd say she doesn't write letters ^.^ 


Maura's pleasantly surprising sexiness in The Good Wife (gifs taken here)

Maura exploring all kinds of new and weird activities (arts?) at the six01 studio (the same pic is also pic of the year... yeah, I am that cheap ^^)

Then they released the WIGS miniseries 'Ruth & Erica' on youtube... It's an interesting kind of project where they show episodes that last like 10 minutes and they've got amazing staff and actors, it's totally worth checking out... well, I watched the Maura miniseries with my beloved one and we were moved to tears... Again, it's about people getting older and dealing with life... sigh... here's the first episode for you  ~


Well, after placing Mauramadness in the strategic middle area, now we come to the most important thing ~ 

My letter writing ~

I recovered from my writing depression around July and this is when I started to make lists again... So far  from July to now I've got 57 letters (tomorrow is another mail day, so who knows ^.^) and sent out 63... again, my outgoing is more than my incoming... I've made a bunch of new pals and I somehow managed to keep the old ones... I want to thank you, my friends, for believing in me and for all the waiting... As I said, I don't make resolutions, but I have a wish for next year ~ I hope that my letter writing life stays the same as it is now ^.^ 

I've also met four of my pals this year and had an amazing time and many beautiful moments with all of them ^0^ I've met my Romanian friend for my birthday, my Finnish friend for her birthday and my Danish gang on a trip to friends' wedding ^0^ I've already made plans for meeting more pals next year ^.^ It's great that Europe is so small ^.^ 

and now I'm going to wish you all the best for the year of the snake ^0^ Thank you for reading and chatting with me here ^.^ Many hugs!





2 Kommentare:

  1. Its nice when you come across a good book that sticks with you long afterwards, even some of the ones I didn't enjoy still make me think about the situation :).

    Its great also that you have your writing mojo back, I hope I don't lose mine but still it has been quite difficult to write these last couple of months due to bad concentration but I only had 3 letters to write this holiday, I've written one and should hopefully start another tonight and then its your turn :). I can't wait to get back into the friendship again as I've missed it ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. That's true about the books, sometimes they're silly and you don't enjoy them at all, but they still stick with you =.= Like the 'Box Man' by Abe Kobo, it was about a guy who lived in a box and always carried it around, so that others couldn't see what kind of person is in there... I guess I gave it two stars on shelfari which is like 'why the hell did I finish it?'... these days it's easier for me to stop reading a book if I don't like it, so yeah...

      I'm also looking forward to writing to you more often next year... much more often ^.^ And I'm happy that we're back on track <3

      Löschen