Samstag, 12. Januar 2013

Desperately tired...

Can you feel what it's like? When you need to stay awake for just in case, but you want to sleep so baaaaaaad?? I will try to distract myself with this blog of mine... I've got a bunch of mail pix to show anyway...

 first a very yummy cake that I've baked for my parents...

Incoming ^0^ 
 
this is what I've found in my mailbox when I returned home after Christmas ^0^ Cards, letters and Christmas gifts ^0^

 the package from Romania contained this handmade marvel ~ a card that is probably 20 years old and insanely beautiful! I just had to show it off! 

another insanely beautiful thing ~ Arabic calligraphy... when those words form birds and stuff, I totally start drooling... 

something else to show off ~ Taiwan fan-stuff ^0^ so perfect for a Taiwan-fan (meeee!)... I've been wanting that tape for a while, somebody was selling it on etsy for about 5 US dollars plus shipping  ~ well, now I've got it for free and its original price is 35 NTD (a little less than a euro)... I guess my friend could read my mind ^.^ the post-its also show Taiwanese famous landmarks ^0^ 

those are some postcrossing cards, a letter that made me very happy and my order from Prinzapfel (the most terrific calendar ever, you can start envying me after clicking this link)

another postcrossing card and fantastic letters ^.^ 

a New Year card from Japan... I feel kinda bad that we never send those, not even to family... but we didn't get any apart from this one and the one in the package on the previous pic, so I guess that's ok ^^

today's mail ^0^ I just need to say it again ~ as opposed to Germany, Estonia has beautiful Christmas stamps... *grumpy* The package was from Iran, so it has spent an endless amount of time at the customs and everything, even the envelope with the letter, was ripped open... 

Somehow, this Christmas season was the time of getting in touch again! I've got letters from my awesome 'language geeks' gang (it started out as language exchange and blossomed into beautiful friendships), from my Japanese pal with whom I lost contact around the big earthquake time and the letter from Iran was a lovely new start for an old friendship... 

Now to my habit of sticking Maura everywhere ~ so missing her... She must have rehearsals with Tom Hanks now, that lucky bastard... Hope it doesn't look like this ^^
 
 
 
Now to my outgoing ^.^ 
 
that was for an ATC swap ~ Monsters in ugly holiday sweaters ^.^ 

this was a profile-based swap for someone who, well, likes Ghibli, obviously ^.^ 

another Draw this word swap ^^

silly card for a pal's birthday ^.^ it's a pun-picture, 'to wish' sounds like 'pig', 'all' sounds like 'one eggplant' and a part of 'without problems' sounds like 'chestnut' ^.^ oh, how I love puns ^.^



here I've tried lettering and I guess it's my new addiction ^.^

I share the love for rats with my pal ^.^

so, what can I say, it totally SUCKS to draw with pencils on envelopes =.= but still, Dory looks so cheerful ^^ and I still can't get over the fact that Vicky Lewis gave her her voice ^0^ she's rad!

another Shiro envelope ^^ I also like the winter stamp ^^ 

mwaha, the year of the snake... felttips are a lot more fun on envelopes, if only I had GOOD ones...

some friendly monster ^^

ah, now I'm wondering whether they'll make a fuss about the stamp being on the other side...

nekoppoi tanuki ^^

I like drawing faces on the envelopes... I think, I should practice all I can ^^

yawn...

2 Kommentare:

  1. That cake looks delicious from the top, I love nutty things though. I've mentioned before I don't like peanuts but Adeel bought some from Pakistan as they were in season when he came back and those were so nice and tasted completely different.

    You've received some great mail as well as sent some wonderful envelopes out :). Seeing this makes me want to get back into swapping etc... again but like you I'm still suffering really badly from tiredness. Its taken me ages to write the other 2 letters because of this as I just can't concentrate which means readings the only thing I can cope with right now. I have finally got everything ready for your letter so I should begin that today :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Beautiful envelopes:) And I love the Arabic stamp:D I don't think they'll make a fuss about the stap sticked in different corner, I did that once and it was fine:) The cake looks yummy, I want:P

    AntwortenLöschen