~ when a letter takes months to reach a neighbour country
~ when they keep a letter at the customs for weeks while the envelope doesn't contain anything other than paper
~ when people say 'I'll write you soon' every other day and never actually do
~ when people say that they've lost interest in writing letters... taking a break and collecting strength for new challenges in your life is one thing, giving up on 'the hobby' is another... I can't help feeling betrayed when somebody offers to 'stay friends' on facebook or messengers. This is not what I agreed on in the beginning, this has never been the deal! Then there are people who remember about the deal and still send me stuff on paper, but you can't even call it a letter anymore, because it's rather a string of trivial sentences that don't have much to do with me or the person I enjoyed talking to... this is a situation that just drags on and on and I live on the hope that things will get better eventually ~ but this is when I feel tired of waiting all the time and I know I won't be able to wait forever...
By the way, during the months of January (its very end) and March, I've got two letters from people who asked me to be pals and who promised to write their first letter...
... in September!!! I feel somewhat sorry that their final effort won't be rewarded, but seriously?? The first letter? The one and only chance to make a good impression? When I think I've seen all the miracles of the penpalling world, it stills gives me a surprise...
But on to beautiful things...
My amazing Maura ~ always drop-dead gorgeous... another angle from which her face looks perfect and oh that hair of a goddess... And that guy can touch it every day... awwww... envious *.* There are other fans who dislike people talking about Maura's hair or boobs for some reason, but this is my blog, so hair hair hair and boobs boobs boobs ^0^
I went shopping... for something totally different and ended up buying all those tapes!!
I just couldn't resist the ornament ones! Good quality, 10 tapes for 13 euros, hello??? at some shops they sell one for 5 +.+
here is some illustration cuteness à l'allemande ~ Janosch with his cute book characters on the new stamps and Die Maus ('the mouse' in German, nobody wants the cute little animal to die ^^) from a children's TV show... I even bought that sucky 58 cents value and printed a bunch of 2 cents stamps on the machine, so that I can show those internationally ^^
since a few of my penpals are fond of German football teams, they will probably be glad to see that tape ^^ and those who don't care for football will find it cute anyway...
letters from my little Chinese friends ^^
the letter in the back is quite a wonder ~ it's a reply to a letter written by me in a swapbot swap!! usually, nobody ever writes back, but this girl did and the letter was such a delight!
some more cool mailart ~ from... uhm... the great state of Texas, obviously ^.^
an outgoing envelope from a while back...
a card for swapbot ~ we were supposed to draw something that represents luck and since my partner has been married for decades, I wrote that people who have a great partner to spend their life with are truly lucky... those Mandarin ducks also spend their life with the same partner, so this is why they're a symbol for a great relationship ^^
made an attempt to draw sweets and turned those pix into birthday cards ^^ these here are raspberry tartelettes ^.^ (when it comes to cards where you write your wishes for someone, I totally lose all my ability to express myself and mostly stick to set phrases, terrible, I know)
berry cake ^^
and macarons ^0^
Lately I realized that all that I draw or paint will eventually go out and live in someone else's home... so I've bought a Moleskine watercolour book and started art journaling ^^ well, journaling is a matter of definition, same as 'art', but it will contain projects I'll try to do, pictures I suddenly see in my mind and illustrations of something that has a place in my heart... and most of all, it will stay with me ^.^












Hallo : )
AntwortenLöschenMist, jetzt habe ich meinen Brief einen Tag zu spät abgeschickt, so dass er es nicht in diesen Blogpost geschafft hat. >-< Naja, dann vielleicht im nächsten? Ich hoffe jedenfalls, dass er gut bei dir angekommen ist. : )
Lieber Gruß,
Kat
nööö, leider noch keine Meerschweine in Sicht ^.^ aber ich lade die Sachen eh nicht chronologisch hoch ^^ liegt dran dass ich soooo megaoft poste ^.^ Ich hoffe mal, dass der am Montag da ist... bin schon total gespannt!!! auf deine Briefe kann man sich wenigstens immer freuen ^.^
LöschenYou should have added crappy excuses to the list, why not just say that you didn't find the motivation to sit down and write but are doing now. Also when one sits down to write to put the usual heart and soul into it rather then write a list and posting it out.
AntwortenLöschenIts great to get bargin tapes, I can buy the odd ones here but thankfully not too many. I've made my last purchase recently and then I'll have to use up as much as I can before buying more.
The mouse stamps are cute, they'll fit in so nice with your decorated envelopes with being an illustration also :)
I guess, people think that if you say 'I don't feel like writing', others will be upset, but if you say 'my aunt is dying', 'my dog ate your letter' etc. they won't... the thing is, I just don't mind people taking their time, so why lying? I even encourage people to not fill their first pages with saying sorry, because it's ok, really...
LöschenMy hands have been itching to order something from angoo... I'm running out of big tapes that I use for packages and angoo is just the best source ever... But I decided not to order anything before I go shopping in Asia and I'm trying to use all the papers I have now ^.^ what a task ^.^
I can relate a lot to this "waiting" topic. At least you were "lucky" and GOT a reply from those two new penpals, hehe - many people seem to forget you the moment they shut down their computers after having told you they will write soon. I don't mind waiting either - I have some penpals from whom I hear only once a year by letter (or even less), but we are in frequent touch through messages, FB, whatsapp so they never seem far away and we still know what is going on in our lives. So it is really fine like that! I do miss some of my penpals who are not in touch like that, but as long as I know there will be a letter from time to time, it's fine either. Not knowing IF there will still come something or not, after hearing dozens of time that they will write soon... no, that's not nice. :(
AntwortenLöschenP.S. Und jetzt hast du mich dazu verführt mal wieder ein paar Briefmarken online zu kaufen. ;)
Exactly, it's that 'not knowing what will happen and what to expect' that drives me crazy +.+ and indeed, it's amazing how many people agree on something they never waste a thought on ever again o.O weird... Ich hoffe die Briefmarken gefallen dir ^^ Und auch deinen Brieffreunden ^^
AntwortenLöschenI'm really sorry for being a crappy pen pal. I haven't forgotten you at all! And I know _know__ I shoudl have written and said, "I'm sorry I can't write for a while." While I'm traveling, I'm horrible at writing. I also don't ever know where I'll be week to week. Bad excuse - so I don't want to excuse myself - I want to just appologize and say I'm sorry. Once I'm back in a routine (in Alaska) I'll be writing again.
AntwortenLöschenAw, you're certainly very welcome to write whenever you have time and whenever you feel like it! As I said, being on the road and taking care of one's business is one thing, deciding that letters aren't your cup of tea is another. Just take care of yourself over in Russia... I'm happy to see that it isn't that scary after all ^.^ (though some corners you took pix of actually are o.O)
Löschen