So far it's three sent, three received for November... Not a bad start,
actually... This weekend was Chinese time ^0^ I noticed that it became
harder for me to write in Chinese after not practicing for a long while,
who would have thought... Now I also prefer to have my online
dictionary available, but then I prefer shutting down my computer when
writing letters, because internet and crap always distract me, so that
was a kind of a dilemma =.= Soooo, I grabbed my good old paper
dictionaries to use... I've a small one that is German-Chinese and
Chinese-German and a big one that is Chinese-English only, so I
sometimes need to be inventive when expressing myself ~ but it's still
good to look up characters I forgot how to write (*yeah, shame on me*) and those that I could
never remember (silly things like 'wall' or 'lazy', it's ridiculous, but obviously I can't help it...). Do you also have words you
always spell wrong? Somehow, Chinese is pretty compact, both in writing and structure, so if I write like 5-6 pages, it's already like a pretty
long letter ~ and these few pages have pretty much taken up my free
day... But letters are always worth spending time on, right? ^^
My incoming from last week ^^ My mail all came on the same day... sigh... some more Chinese letters to write ^^
I've ordered those amazing books on amazon... I
adore illustrators and secretly dream of being one (just dreaming, actually... in reality I just want to draw something once in a while ^^), so I've got this huge book with sketches and illustrator stories in the middle, then 'drawing lab' for just drawing (there are soooo many fun ideas ^0^) and the hand lettering one because I looooooooove fooling around with letters and characters but I'm too impatient to learn real calligraphy, so I'm going to try some of that ^^
My ultimate goal would be to draw Maura ^0^ But now I'm still too scared of 'disfiguring' her wonderful face, so I've just tried one eye... and her dog that sat by her side ^.^
oh, my sweetheart...
yeah, I know, I'm derailing my own post... so here's my outgoing... (I forgot to take pix of two letters last week... mehhh)
well, I feel like this space looks too blank without a comment ^.^
I had such a wonderful time with this Kagoneko calendar all this year, so I'm happily recycling/sharing it ^^
insert another nonsense comment...
I've copied a page from a book by Jimmy Liao, a Taiwanese writer/illustrator, because my friend likes bunnies ^^ This book is 'Turn left, turn right' and it's about two people who live next door but don't know it, then they meet somewhere by accident and lose each other again and oh, it's such a sweet story and I love Jimmy for combining text and pictures so brilliantly...
I watched the movie that was made after this book in Taiwan and it bears so many memories, because well, this was what Taiwan looked like for me too... and isn't Takeshi Kaneshiro one of the best looking guys on earth?? ^0^
I've found a good trailer on youku, but this page won't let me embed it, so here's a link...
Some more nice pix from
Jimmy's homepage ^.^
Oooh, you're blogging again^^ How lovely. And lovely is that envelope with bunnies, I like the big eye peeking through the window, haha. The stoty sounds romantic. I wish I could watch the movie. I like Asian movies:)
AntwortenLöschenHihi, thank you ^^ I guess I'm back to some of my old self ^^ and I enjoy messing around with blog designs and other stuff ^^ You could search 'Turn left turn right' on youtube and see what happens... just saying ^^ I totally recommend it... maybe it's a silly movie ~ the book is way more simple ~ but it's lovely and cute ^.^ sometimes you need to watch something cute and lovely too ^^ (I would be freaked out if a huge eye peeped through my window in reality! ^0^)
AntwortenLöschen